So did we end up taking our ski trip to Tahoe? No.
We decided it was too risky to spend the time and money trying to get to Tahoe only to deal with closed airport, closed roads, and stormy skiing.
But did that keep us off the slopes? Nope!
The siren call of the snow-capped mountains east of LA called our names. So Sunday morning at 3:30 AM we loaded up our Toyota Solara with skis, snowboards, and chains and headed up to Big Bear.
It was a bit of a tense drive up, but in the end it was all worth it!
The sun was shining and the the powder was unreal!
Big Bear was the prettiest I've ever seen it!
The resort was pretty much empty (due to the closed and icy roads)
And we had an amazing time!
(Please excuse my lack of makeup, I just can't be one of "those girls" that gets all glammed up for skiing)
A few people have asked me how I've been doing since my "Taking Charge of Your Fertility Post" (men, just skip this section).
Welp, I didn't get myself preggo yet. So that's good news!
A few wonderful bloggers gave me awards! I'm really bad about responding to these or posting about them. I don't know why, but I am really honored to get them!
The Life of An Army Wife , Newlywed Giggles, and Angry Julie all gave me awards! Thanks ladies!
Two of these awards asked for seven random things that you didn't know about me. So here are my seven random things:
1. I love organizing. When I was kid, I’d organize my friends’ closets… for fun. The container store is pretty much my heaven on earth. I heart the show, “Clean House”.
2. I am a giant Microsoft Excel geek. I make fancy Excel work plans at work and for tasks at home (like furnishing our condo or planning our Wedding). My Wedding Planning excel document is legendary. If It can be managed via an excel doc, I’ll make one.
3. The Mr. and I are the world's worst painters. We painted two rooms of our condo and then had to pay someone to fix it. We learned an important lesson about home improvement... hire someone.
4. I love the snooze bar. I will hit the snooze bar 2-3 times a morning. This drives the Mr. crazy!
5. My favorite red wine is Cabernet Sauvignon (although Syrah has been moving up my rankings lately) and my favorite white wine is Sauvignon Blanc (although I love Viogner too)
6. I come from a long line of only-children. My Grandma is an only child, my Dad is an only child, and I am an only child. Sometimes I think I want to have an only child.
7. Your sweet comments about my wedding album and pictures make me so happy! Sometimes I get a serious case of wednvy (wedding envy) when I look at other blogs, but your comments help remind me what a wonderful and blessed wedding I had. Thank you!!!
Want to know more random stuff about me? Check out my 20 questions post!